As Au Pair to Finland
Au Pair Program for foreign Au Pairs
Our Au Pair program is suitable for young people who want to work in Finnish family, to get to know new culture and to learn the country's language. Euromaa offers the Finnish families a comfortable and easy way to find an Au Pair, which would help them in childcare and household duties.
Who is an Au Pair
- An Au Pair is 18-30 years old young woman who is living in a Host Family and helps to care for children and in light household work
- Even an Au Pair is doing work for a Host Family, she should be treated as a member of the family
- The duties of an Au Pair is minimum 3 months (summer au pair), but can not exceed 1 year
- An Au Pair is doing her duties maximum 30 hours a week
- An Au Pair has an opportunity to learn Finnish or Swedish language and improve English language skills
- An Au Pair can teach own language and own country’s culture to the members of the Host Family
- An Au Pair has a chance to get to know the culture of the host country while working in the Host Family and getting the pocket money
At the moment we accept Au Pair candidates from the following countries:
- Czech Republic
PLEASE NOTE! WE DO NOT ACCEPT NON-EUROPEAN APPLICANTS!
The Duties of an Au Pair
An Au Pair is providing childcare and light household work in exchange for a room, meals and a small stipend.
Childcare duties might include:
- Prepare baby bottles
- Diaper changing
- Meal preparation/feeding
- Putting children to bed
- Playing with children
- Helping with schoolwork
- Reading to children
- Caring for a sick child
- Driving children to school/activities
- Babysitting in the evenings
Light household work might include:
- Doing laundry
- Taking care of flowers/plants
- Taking care of pets
Deviations from the listed duties are possible, however the above guidelines must be considered.
What the Au Pair will get
- A contract maid with the Host Family before the arrival of an Au Pair
- Own separate room and meals provided
- The amount of pocket money is minimum 280 euros a month (starting from 01.01.2014) to be paid weekly or monthly on a set day
- A Host Family is responsible for paying an Au Pair’s language course
- An Au Pair has two days off every week
- 2 weeks paid holiday if an Au Pair stays for 1 year
- Support of the local agency
Please note that an Au Pair is responsible for the travel expenses and commercial health insurance!
Documents needed to apply
- Filled application form
- Dear Host Family Letter
- One childcare reference
- One character reference
- Photographs of yourself
- Medical certification
- Police record check
- Copy of passport
- Copy of driving license (if available)
Please contact Euromaa if some of the documents listed above can not be provided for some reason.
If an Au Pair applies through an agency in own home country, the program is free of charge. Please contact Euromaa in case you want to know who is official representative of Au Pair Program in Finland in your home country.
If an Au Pair does not apply through an agency in own home country, the program fee is 100 euros. The program fee should be paid when applying for the program. Please note that the au pair applicant is responsible for all transfer/post expenses, also in the case when the program fee is returned to the applicant. The fee will not be returned if you cancel the participation in the program.
How to become an Au Pair in Finland
There are two ways to apply for Au Pair Program in Finland:
- Through an agency in your own home country. Please contact Euromaa in case you want to know who is official representative of Au Pair Program in Finland in your home country
- Applying yourself. Please send the documents needed for applying for the program by email or by post (EUROMAA, Heisipuunkuja 2 C 2, 02770 ESPOO, FINLAND). Pay the program fee by transferring the money via bank or by sending the money via post, preferrably as registered letter.
Frequently asked questions
More information: email@example.com